Goodbye flip flops and spritzes. Hello sweater weather and whiskey!
It’s one of our favourite times of the year - when it’s often cool enough in the mornings and evenings to cozy up into a new sweater. And sweater weather also makes us want to leave the summer spritzes behind and embrace one of the best seasons in all the land: whiskey season.
1. Z Supply - The Animal Flock Pullover $82
2. Gentle Fawn Tucker Sweater Oatmeal $78
3. Sadie and Sage Cardigan Burnt Sienna $74
4. Echo Verde - Funnel Neck Sweater - Light Grey $168
5. Lost in Lunar - Striped Sweater - Virgo Pink $89
6. Echo Verde Cowl Neck Sweater - Cocoa $114
7. Gentle Fawn - Collie Sweater - Grey $124
8. Gentle Fawn - Belford Pullover - Tea Rose Stripe $124
Sweater weather also makes us want to leave the summer spritzes behind and embrace one of the best seasons in all the land: whiskey season.
And so we’d like to share with you our favourite fall cocktail from the creators of the Mason Shaker and the SHAKE cocktail recipe book (both in store). They call it the Rosemary Bourbon Maple Sour - but we’d like to rename it the ‘Sweater Weather’ Cocktail.
W&P’s ‘Bourbon Maple Sour’ (aka the Twang Gang’s ‘Sweater Weather’)
Makes two cocktails
- 3 shots bourbon
- 1 1/2 shots fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 shot dark amber maple syrup
- 1 large sprig of rosemary (plus 2 small sprigs for garnish)
Crush the large sprig of rosemary in your hand and add it to The Mason Shaker.
Add the bourbon, lemon juice, maple syrup and ice to just above the level of the liquid, and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
Strain the mixture into rocks glasses containing large cubes of ice and garnish with remaining rosemary sprigs.
Be cozy and sip happy Twangy Nation
Xo Twang Gang